2009년 9월 13일 일요일

Happiness is an Egg Tart

So long have philosophers been philosophizing on the meaning of happiness. Yesterday, I stumbled upon it. Some things in life can only be understood through the senses. Words fall short of description, yet I need to put the experience in type. 
In an attempt to appease my craving for anything coconut, I wandered into Tai Cheong, off Lyndhurst Terrace. After choosing my coconut macaroons et tart, I arbitrarily pointed to an egg tart. 
Walking out, I decided to save my macaroons for later and broke off a piece of my egg tart, noticing how delightfully the little pie jiggled in my hand as I walked. Stuck it in my mouth, experienced Nirvana. It wasn't the kind of mind-exploding, orgasmic feeling of jubilee. It was something more subtle, a Buddha-happiness. 
More acute than contention, more subdued than elation. 
Like having "wonderful" explode in your mouth and travel outwards from there, until it tickles your fingers. 
It's what I imagine Harry Potter felt like when eating chocolate after his run-in(s) with the dementors. 
Tastefully delightful. Texturally perfect. Mind-numbingly, finger-ticklingly delicious. 



댓글 없음: